DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
IOC calls meeting with IOA next month
Vijay Kumar Malhotra said that he hasn't seen the letter from the IOC but believes that the meeting could be held n
New Delhi: The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is believed to have called a meeting with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) headed by Vijay Kumar Malhotra next month in Lausanne. Malhotra told IANS that he hasn't "seen the letter" from the IOC but believes that the meeting could be held next month.
Malhotra, however, said that IOA officials would "first like to meet union sports minister Jitendra Singh and discuss some of the contentious issues on which there needs to be clarification from the ministry before meeting the IOC". "I believe the IOC wants to meet the IOA officials either on May 6 or 7 but I am yet to see the letter from them," Malhotra told IANS.
The much awaited meeting has been put off twice. The IOC suspended the IOA in December last year over its election process. The IOC wants to discuss a roadmap for the IOA to host fresh elections so that suspension can be lifted.
The IOC only recognises the IOA, which is headed by Malhotra and secretary-general Randhir Singh. Malhotra lost the last elections to Abhay Singh Chautala in December.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia