IPL: CIC issues show cause notice to Alliance Air
Alliance Air didn't disclose information about a flight, which was pulled out of its scheduled departure to ferry an IPL team.
New Delhi: The Central Information Commission has issued a show cause notice to Air India subsidiary Alliance Air for not disclosing information about a flight which was pulled out of its scheduled departure to ferry an IPL cricket team, despite its orders.
The Delhi-Coimbatore flight was aborted on April 20, 2010 and the aircraft was reportedly used to ferry IPL players and Poorna Patel, daughter of the then Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel from Chandigarh to Chennai.
Based on these news reports, activist Subhash Agrawal had sought details about this flight from Alliance Air which informed that owner of Chennai Super Kings, India Cements, had requested for the chartered flight and the payment was also made by them in advance.
However, the airlines did not give complete file notings and other details.
Information Commissioner Sushma Singh on February 23, 2011 ordered the Airlines to disclose complete information.
But within a month Alliance Air replied saying that the information is "commercially sensitive" and cannot be disclosed according to exemption clauses of the RTI Act.
Agrawal filed a fresh application seeking details but was denied again after which he filed case of non-compliance before the Commission.
In the recent hearing, Singh ordered, "The CPIO is hereby directed to provide complete information to the appellant and to show cause why a penalty of Rs 25000 under section 20 of the RTI Act should not be imposed on him for causing a delay of more than 100 days in providing the information to the appellant."
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav