Delhi Daredevils peaking at right time
The Daredevils have survived a few anxious moments in the league phase.
New Delhi: The Delhi Daredevils didn't boast of a star studded line-up before the tournament began but their skipper believed he had the personnel to bat big, bowl smart and field sharp.
Their performances ranged from stunning to poor and a semi-final spot only came courtesy other results.
They were the third to qualify for the semifinals but can become the first to qualify for the finals when they face Rajasthan Royals in the first semi-final on Friday.
Between the two, Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag are nearing a thousand runs in the tournament and have even held the Orange Cap a few times and with the likes of Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik also showing good form with the bat, Delhi will go into the semis with high hopes.
"The team that is going to pick at the right moment is going to do very well. Even if the Orange Cap goes to the other team, but we manage to win the IPL, we are going to take that as a better reward," said Karthik.
For a team that began the tournament in style, winning four of their first five games, the Delhi Daredevils went off the boil, winning just three of the last eight matches.
Glenn McGrath has hit his straps despite an extended break after international retirement. And his performance, with help from Vijaykumar Yo Mahesh and Farveez Maharoof has given the skipper quite a few bowling options.
"Like in Jaipur's team, even we have individual players who are winning games for us. But we won't depend on a single player," said Delhi skipper Sehwag.
The Daredevils have survived a few anxious moments in the league phase but in the knockout stage one slip-up will end the dream.
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18