IPL opening night will be a spectacular ceremony: SRK
Shahrukh Khan said IPL opening ceremony would be an unprecedented experience for the country.
Kolkata: Promising to give a spectacular opening ceremony of the Indian Premier League in Kolkata Tuesday, Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan said it would be an unprecedented experience for the country.
"The Pepsi IPL 2013 opening nite will be a spectacular ceremony, the likes of which India has never seen before," Shah Rukh said in an interview to the tournament's official website iplt20.com.
The Bollywood badshah said he would perform some of his songs at the nearly two-hour show to be staged at the Salt Lake stadium.
"I will be performing to some of my songs. Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone, two of my co-stars, will also be there. Pitbull, the international rapper, will thrill the audiences".
Shah Rukh said IPL and hindi mainstream cinema have various common qualities - "Excitement, suspense, tension, joy, heartbreak, and action".
The Salt Lake stadium, mainly used for hosting football matches, has been decorated in a lavish way, which includes a mammoth-size stage for the opening show.
The opening ceremony will have cheerleaders, flying drummers, gymnasts, rhythm acrobats, stilt-walkers, air-tumblers and mass dancers coming together to entertain the audiences.
(With inputs from PTI)
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting