Dharamshala being considered as IPL venue
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association has promised floodlights at the venue.
New Delhi: Indian Premier League (IPL) Commissioner and Chairman Lalit Modi has informed CNN-IBN that Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh may be considered as a possible venue for hosting some of the Twenty20 championship matches in the second season.
The Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association has promised that floodlights will be provided at the venue within the next 30 days so that the matches.
After a meeting of IPL in Mumbai on Friday it had been decided that 15 cities would be shortlisted to host the games apart from the nine venues that had earlier been announced for the IPL.
Nagpur has already been confirmed as a venue and Dharamshala could be added to that list.
Other cities that are being discussed include Ahmedabad, Indore, Rajkot, Baroda and Cuttack.
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials