Dharamshala being considered as IPL venue
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association has promised floodlights at the venue.
New Delhi: Indian Premier League (IPL) Commissioner and Chairman Lalit Modi has informed CNN-IBN that Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh may be considered as a possible venue for hosting some of the Twenty20 championship matches in the second season.
The Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association has promised that floodlights will be provided at the venue within the next 30 days so that the matches.
After a meeting of IPL in Mumbai on Friday it had been decided that 15 cities would be shortlisted to host the games apart from the nine venues that had earlier been announced for the IPL.
Nagpur has already been confirmed as a venue and Dharamshala could be added to that list.
Other cities that are being discussed include Ahmedabad, Indore, Rajkot, Baroda and Cuttack.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here’s How it Will Look
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology