IPS officer's killing: CBI gets driver's custody
IPS officer Narendra Kumar was killed when he was trying to stop the tractor loaded with illegally mined stones.
Bhopal: A court in Madhya Pradesh's Morena district on Tuesday sent the tractor driver, who had crushed to death Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Narendra Kumar on Holi day, to three days' custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
IPS officer Narendra Kumar was killed when he was trying to stop the tractor loaded with illegally mined stones at Banmore on March 8 but instead of stopping, the driver Manoj Gurjar run him over.
Gurjar, who was later arrested by Morena police, however, pleaded innocence before the court, saying the incident in which IPS officer got killed was an accident and not pre-planned murder.
Kumar's father, Keshav Dev, had alleged that his son was murdered as he was taking tough action against illegal mining mafias.
The CBI had taken up the case March 15.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18