DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
IPS officer's killing: CBI gets driver's custody
IPS officer Narendra Kumar was killed when he was trying to stop the tractor loaded with illegally mined stones.
Bhopal: A court in Madhya Pradesh's Morena district on Tuesday sent the tractor driver, who had crushed to death Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Narendra Kumar on Holi day, to three days' custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
IPS officer Narendra Kumar was killed when he was trying to stop the tractor loaded with illegally mined stones at Banmore on March 8 but instead of stopping, the driver Manoj Gurjar run him over.
Gurjar, who was later arrested by Morena police, however, pleaded innocence before the court, saying the incident in which IPS officer got killed was an accident and not pre-planned murder.
Kumar's father, Keshav Dev, had alleged that his son was murdered as he was taking tough action against illegal mining mafias.
The CBI had taken up the case March 15.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond