DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Iran to hold talks with six world powers on nuke programme
US Vice President Joe Biden had offered to hold direct negotiations with Tehran on February 25.
Tehran: Iran has accepted US offer for talks on its nuke programme on February 25th in Kazakhstan. US Vice President Joe Biden had offered to hold direct negotiations with Tehran.
Iran, however, says the West should stop building up pressure on the country. Iranian Foreign Minister Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi once again insisted that Iran is not pursuing a nuclear programme for military purposes.
A European diplomat said six world powers and Iran had been haggling over a date and venue for new talks for weeks. Western powers suspect Iran of seeking to develop the capability to build a nuclear bomb, but Iran says its nuclear programme is entirely peaceful.
Salehi said there was "no red line for bilateral negotiations" as long as the other side had a real intention to resolve the issue.
(With Additional Inputs From Reuters)
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference