Irish newspaper suspends editor over Kate photos
Independent Star said on Monday that Michael O'Kane had been suspended and an internal inquiry had been launched.
London: The owner of the Irish Daily Star says the newspaper's editor has been suspended following his decision to publish topless photographs of Prince William's wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge.
Independent Star, the company which owns the newspaper, said on Monday that Michael O'Kane had been suspended and an internal inquiry had been launched.
The newspaper printed some of the photographs on Saturday in editions available in Ireland, but not inside the UK. The images were first published by French magazine Closer.
Ireland's justice minister Alan Shatter says he could revive previously abandoned plans for an Irish privacy law in response to the newspaper's actions.
Some sections of the country's media could not distinguish between "prurient interest and the public interest," Shatter said.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview