Irish newspaper suspends editor over Kate photos
Independent Star said on Monday that Michael O'Kane had been suspended and an internal inquiry had been launched.
London: The owner of the Irish Daily Star says the newspaper's editor has been suspended following his decision to publish topless photographs of Prince William's wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge.
Independent Star, the company which owns the newspaper, said on Monday that Michael O'Kane had been suspended and an internal inquiry had been launched.
The newspaper printed some of the photographs on Saturday in editions available in Ireland, but not inside the UK. The images were first published by French magazine Closer.
Ireland's justice minister Alan Shatter says he could revive previously abandoned plans for an Irish privacy law in response to the newspaper's actions.
Some sections of the country's media could not distinguish between "prurient interest and the public interest," Shatter said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show