Irish newspaper suspends editor over Kate photos
Independent Star said on Monday that Michael O'Kane had been suspended and an internal inquiry had been launched.
London: The owner of the Irish Daily Star says the newspaper's editor has been suspended following his decision to publish topless photographs of Prince William's wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge.
Independent Star, the company which owns the newspaper, said on Monday that Michael O'Kane had been suspended and an internal inquiry had been launched.
The newspaper printed some of the photographs on Saturday in editions available in Ireland, but not inside the UK. The images were first published by French magazine Closer.
Ireland's justice minister Alan Shatter says he could revive previously abandoned plans for an Irish privacy law in response to the newspaper's actions.
Some sections of the country's media could not distinguish between "prurient interest and the public interest," Shatter said.
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- The Break up Song in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Promotes Women Empowerment: Karan Johar
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18