Irish woman seeking daughter after 2 sons jumps off cliff
The woman was left devastated when the ultrasound scans showed that she was pregnant with twin boys.
London: An Irish woman who wished to have a daughter jumped to her death from a cliff after learning that she was pregnant with twin boys after already having two sons. Anna Byrne, 35, a nurse from Dunboyne town was left devastated when ultrasound scans in March this year showed she would be having two more boys, Daily Mail reported.
She was in the last days of her pregnancy and was due to give birth by caesarean section.
Byrne, who desperately wanted a daughter, jumped off a cliff-top when she discovered the twins she was carrying were boys, a coroner's court has been told.
Months before her death, Byrne noticed baby girls everywhere and avoided her friends - particularly those with daughters.
In the early hours of March 8, six days after attending a psychiatrist complaining that she was feeling low, she jumped from a cliff-top at Howth summit, Dublin, the city's Coroner's Court was told.
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Timeline of Criminal Defamation Case Filed Against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18