Irish woman seeking daughter after 2 sons jumps off cliff
The woman was left devastated when the ultrasound scans showed that she was pregnant with twin boys.
London: An Irish woman who wished to have a daughter jumped to her death from a cliff after learning that she was pregnant with twin boys after already having two sons. Anna Byrne, 35, a nurse from Dunboyne town was left devastated when ultrasound scans in March this year showed she would be having two more boys, Daily Mail reported.
She was in the last days of her pregnancy and was due to give birth by caesarean section.
Byrne, who desperately wanted a daughter, jumped off a cliff-top when she discovered the twins she was carrying were boys, a coroner's court has been told.
Months before her death, Byrne noticed baby girls everywhere and avoided her friends - particularly those with daughters.
In the early hours of March 8, six days after attending a psychiatrist complaining that she was feeling low, she jumped from a cliff-top at Howth summit, Dublin, the city's Coroner's Court was told.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid