Irish woman seeking daughter after 2 sons jumps off cliff
The woman was left devastated when the ultrasound scans showed that she was pregnant with twin boys.
London: An Irish woman who wished to have a daughter jumped to her death from a cliff after learning that she was pregnant with twin boys after already having two sons. Anna Byrne, 35, a nurse from Dunboyne town was left devastated when ultrasound scans in March this year showed she would be having two more boys, Daily Mail reported.
She was in the last days of her pregnancy and was due to give birth by caesarean section.
Byrne, who desperately wanted a daughter, jumped off a cliff-top when she discovered the twins she was carrying were boys, a coroner's court has been told.
Months before her death, Byrne noticed baby girls everywhere and avoided her friends - particularly those with daughters.
In the early hours of March 8, six days after attending a psychiatrist complaining that she was feeling low, she jumped from a cliff-top at Howth summit, Dublin, the city's Coroner's Court was told.
- Why This Surgical Strike Across LoC Changes Indo-Pak Nuclear Red Lines
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win