Iron Man 3: Will Tony Stark win the ultimate battle?
'Iron Man 3' is about the battle between Tony Stark and an unknown enemy whose power and reach has no boundaries.
New Delhi: Well known screenplay writer Shane Black is once again trying his hands at direction in 'Iron Man 3' after 2005 film 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'. That film also had Robert Downey Jr as the lead, so it was not like the actor is not familiar with the director's working style. The film also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce in important roles.
Downey Jr has reprised his role as Tony Stark in the third installment of the franchise, and director Shane Black has revealed the first draft of the script included the comic book character's most famous storyline - his battle with booze.
However, bosses at the movie studio behind the film, ordered them to rewrite the script and avoid references to Stark's problems with addiction, reported Contactmusic.
"I think we were just told by the studio that we should probably paint Tony Stark as being kind of an industrialist and a crazy guy, or even a bad guy at some points, but the...stuff of him being an alcoholic wouldn't really fly," Black said in an interview.
Australian actor Guy Pearce, who has shared screen space with Robert Downey Jr. in 'Iron Man 3', says he felt nervous while working the Hollywood star.
"I was a bit nervous that he might have been a bit of a firecracker and he was never going to listen to anything anyone said. I thought, 'Wow, this guy's a genius, he's not even going to notice I'm there.' But it was the complete opposite," quoted femalefirst.co.uk while saying.
"And it's not like he's sold out and he's playing some schlocky superhero and he's doing it badly," he added.
'Iron Man 3' is about the terrific battle between Tony Stark aka Iron Man, and an unknown enemy whose power and reach has no boundaries.
'Iron Man' is a popular franchise and Robert Downey Jr is an established star but will the new director be able to handle the pressure? Well, we don't need to wait beyond April 26, 2013 when the film will go public in India. (With inputs from PTI and IANS)
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya