Is Kate Middleton having a baby girl?
A slip of tongue by Kate Middleton seemed to suggest that she is pregnant with a baby girl.
New Delhi: A slip of tongue by Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, seemed to suggest that she is pregnant with a baby girl, most major British tabloids reported on Wednesday.
The couple had taken the decision not to reveal the sex of their baby, in keeping with royal tradition. But on a trip to Grimsby, she almost let out the sex of the baby.
When a well wisher offered her a teddy bear, she stopped mid-sentence after appearing to suggest she would gift the soft toy to her unborn child. "Thank you, I'll take this for my d..." she said, reported the Metro.
The Metro quoted the well wisher who was standing next to Kate at the time as saying: "I said to her, 'you were about to say daughter weren't you?' and she said, 'no, we don't know'."
"I said, 'Oh, I think you do', to which she replied, 'we're not telling'."
The Mirror said that the revelation could mean that Britain's destiny is to have another Queen - as new laws mean that even if Kate and William went on to have a boy he would not overtake his big sister's claim to the throne.
Kate is due to deliver her child in July.
The Queen has issued a decree in official journal the London Gazette on New Year's Eve that if Kate and William do have a daughter she will be given the title Princess. Until now, a century-old decree meant a female would have instead been called Lady, the Mirror reported.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily