ISI, terror groups nexus exposed: Army
The captured militant told the army that he was recruited and trained at LeT training facility at Manshera.
Srinagar: A top army commander has said the arrest of a militant while he was sneaking into Kashmir Valley in Machhil sector near LoC has exposed the nexus involving ISI, Pakistan Army and terror outfits.
"The arrest of Pakistani national and LeT militant (Nissar Ahmed) has exposed the nexus between the ISI, Pakistan Army and terror outfits in training, arming and psychological indoctrination of Pakistani youth for infiltrating and carrying out acts of terror in Kashmir," Chinar Corps GoC Lt Gen S A Hasnain said in a defence release.
Gen Hasnain was referring to the capture of Ahmed, son of Ali Rehman from Karachi on Friday while he was trying to infiltrate into Kashmir from Machhil.
"(The Army Commander) also highlighted the complicity of ISI and Pakistan Army in setting up the terror infrastructure in Pakistani and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, to spread terror and disrupt the peace and harmony in Kashmir, as part of their overall Kashmir policy," the release said.
During the preliminary interrogation, the captured militant told the army that he was recruited and initially trained at LeT training facility at Manshera.
"He was part of a group of 12 terrorists who had been trained in use of all types of weapons, explosives, navigation and communication equipment by a group of trainers from Pakistan Army and ISI. Their commander in the training camp was Abdullah Shaheen," the release said.
On further investigation, the apprehended militant disclosed that after the training at Manshera, their group was transported to LeT training camp at Jamgarh. "Thereafter, they were moved to a training camp near Kel Military Garrison opposite Machhil Sector, where they received intensive training in use of weapons and explosives," it said.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Were Dabholkar, Pansare Shot by Same Assassin?