DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Israel closes Gaza crossing after rockets fired
Israel has blockaded the coastal territory since the Islamic militant Hamas took over in 2007.
Jerusalem: Israel shut a crossing with Gaza after rockets were fired from the Hamas-ruled territory at the Jewish state on the day it commemorated the Holocaust. The military said it closed the Kerem Shalom terminal on Monday. Another crossing would be open for humanitarian cases only, it said.
Israel has blockaded the coastal territory since the Islamic militant Hamas took over in 2007. Israeli police said several rockets were fired from Gaza at Israel the previous evening, as annual ceremonies were held nationwide to remember the 6 million Jews murdered by German Nazis and their collaborators.
Israeli TV showed footage of people in the south of the country abandoning a memorial ceremony and running for cover as sirens wailed warning of incoming rockets. No injuries resulted from the attack, police said.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win