Israel launches air strikes on Hamas HQs in Gaza
The widened scope of targets brings the two sides closer to the kind of all-out war they waged four years ago.
Gaza City, (Gaza Strip): Israel's military says it has struck more than 800 targets in the Gaza Strip, as it expands a fierce air assault responding to rocket launches from the Palestinian territory.
The military's early Saturday count includes 180 overnight airstrikes. The campaign began on Wednesday with the assassination of the ruling Hamas militant group's military chief after days of heavy rocket fire from Gaza.
The Gaza Interior Ministry says Israeli aircraft have struck government and police compounds, smuggling tunnels and a three-story apartment building.
Militants have struck back with about 500 rockets, including one unprecedented attack aimed at the holy city of Jerusalem.
The Israeli military has also called up thousands of reservists and massed troops and armored vehicles along the border with Gaza, signaling a ground invasion could be imminent.
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Who Stands With Whom in Samajwadi Party Pariwar
- How Shivpal's Removal From Cabinet by Akhilesh Shocked the Mulayam Camp
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit