ISRO to Launch 83 Satellites in One go in January 2017
Scientists giving finishing touches to a satellite. (File picture)
New Delhi: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 83 satellites, 80 of them being foreign, in one go in January next year, the Lok Sabha was told on Tuesday.
80 satellites weighing 500 kg belonged to five foreign countries -- Israel, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Switzerland and the US.
"These international customer satellites are being launched as part of the commercial arrangement between them and Antrix Corporation Ltd, the commercial arm and PSU under the ISRO," Jitendra Singh, Minister of State in the PMO said in a written reply.
The Department of Space comes under the PMO.
It will be the first of its kind mission in ISRO's space history.
Three Indian satellites are namely Cartosat-2 series weighing 730 kg as primary payload, INS-IA and INS-1B, total weighing 30 kg.
Recommended For You
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Berserk
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- inside storyLack of Hotel Room Delays Virat and Co Arrival in Cuttack
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know