ISRO Will Launch 83 Satellites in One Go in January 2017
This image is for representational purpose only. Image: REUTERS/Babu
New Delhi: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 83 satellites, 80 of them being foreign, in one go in January next year, the Lok Sabha was told on Thursday.
80 satellites weighing 500 kg belonged to five foreign countries -- Israel, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Switzerland and the US.
"These international customer satellites are being launched as part of the commercial arrangement between them and Antrix Corporation Ltd, the commercial arm and PSU under the ISRO," Jitendra Singh, Minister of State in the PMO said in a written reply. The Department of Space comes under the PMO.
It will be the first of its kind mission in ISRO's space history.
Three Indian satellites are namely Cartosat-2 series weighing 730 kg as primary payload, INS-IA and INS-1B, total weighing 30 kg.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams - Listen To First Song Of The Movie
- New Maruti Suzuki DZire to Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- IPL 2017: MI vs RPS - Star of the Match - Ben Stokes
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- IPL 2017: This is Why Kohli Was Furious After Getting Dismissed