Mumbai: 23-year-old IT professional was murdered, claim Crime Branch sources
The investigators have narrowed down the probe to auto rickshaw and cab drivers.
Mumbai: Sources in the Mumbai Crime Branch have claimed that the female software professional who went missing from the city and was later found dead was murdered.
Eleven days after the 23-year-old IT professional from Andhra Pradesh went missing; her body was discovered in a burnt state from suburban Kanjurmarg, according to the police.
The Crime Branch sources claim that the body was decomposed.
According to the sources, investigating teams have recovered the woman's watch, gold ring and mobile phone from the spot. These items have been sent for forensic examination.
The deceased's trolley bag and laptop are still untraceable.
As of now, the investigators have narrowed down the probe to auto rickshaw and cab drivers. They claim that few auto rickshaw drivers were drinking at a nearby location.
Absence of any CCTV footages is also proving to be a major obstruction in the investigation. The co-passengers who travelled with the woman in the train to Mumbai have confirmed that she had de-boarded the train.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan