CBI arrests IT commissioner for disproportionate wealth
The CBI arrested Ajay Kumar Singh from the Mumbai airport.
Mumbai: CBI on Sunday arrested an Income Tax Commissioner from Nagpur and his wife for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to their known source of income to the tune of Rs 4 crore.
While IT Commissioner Ajay Kumar Singh was arrested from Mumbai airport by CBI sleuths, his wife Mrunalika Singh was arrested from their residence in Nagpur.
"CBI has booked the couple for amassing disproportionate assets to the tune of Rs 4 crore since the year 2002 in the name of several family members, CBI counsel Ejaz Khan told PTI.
He further said the bank accounts through which the money was channelised have been traced.
The two accused were produced before a special CBI court in Nagpur which remanded them to CBI custody till October 27 after which they would be produced before a special court in Mumbai.
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away