CBI arrests IT commissioner for disproportionate wealth
The CBI arrested Ajay Kumar Singh from the Mumbai airport.
Mumbai: CBI on Sunday arrested an Income Tax Commissioner from Nagpur and his wife for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to their known source of income to the tune of Rs 4 crore.
While IT Commissioner Ajay Kumar Singh was arrested from Mumbai airport by CBI sleuths, his wife Mrunalika Singh was arrested from their residence in Nagpur.
"CBI has booked the couple for amassing disproportionate assets to the tune of Rs 4 crore since the year 2002 in the name of several family members, CBI counsel Ejaz Khan told PTI.
He further said the bank accounts through which the money was channelised have been traced.
The two accused were produced before a special CBI court in Nagpur which remanded them to CBI custody till October 27 after which they would be produced before a special court in Mumbai.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology