It was error of judgement: Olympic gatecrasher
Madhura Nagendra, who gatecrashed into the Indian contingent's march past, has regretted the incident.
Bangalore: The mysterious woman, who gatecrashed into the Indian Olympic contingent's march past at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics, on Thursday regretted the incident, saying "it was an error of judgement" on her part.
"It was an error of judgment. This act of mine disappointed many. I regret my action," she said here.
The lady in question, Madhura Nagendra also clarified that she had not done any security breach as she entered the stadium with permission.
Dressed in red shirt and blue trouser, Madhura was seen walking with the Indian contingent in the march past alongside Beijing Games bronze medallist wrester Sushil Kumar during the opening ceremony. Her unwanted presence has left the Indians fuming as they had no clue as to who she was.
Madhura said she didn't expect this to happen.
"I have a lot of spirit and courage, I didn't want to hide from the media," she replied to a query.
Madhura wished all the Indian athletes and said the country would rock the world.
Madhura said she is a dancer and was selected to perform in the opening ceremony of London Olympics.
Madhura's father K Nagendra on July 29 had said that his daughter was officially selected for giving a dance performance in the inaugural ceremony by show creator Danny Boyle.
Madhura is a post-graduate student and studied in Christ College in Bangalore.
Understandably agitated by the incident, India's acting Chef-de-Mission PK Muralidharan Raja had shot off a letter on to the London Games organisers in protest against the incident.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan