DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Fishermen killing: Italians' custody extended
The judicial custody of the two Italian naval personnel accused of killing two Indian fishermen in February has been extended till April 30.
New Delhi: The judicial custody of the two Italian naval personnel accused of killing two Indian fishermen in February has been extended till April 30. They were produced before the Kollam judicial magistrate. The police is yet to file the chargesheet in the case.
Earlier, the Supreme Court on April 10 had issued notice to Kerala Police and the state's mercantile marine department on a petition by the owners of Italian ship MT Enrica Lexie seeking a direction for its release so that it could continue with its voyage, having been detained after two of its crew killed two Indian fishermen in February.
Notice was also issued to the central government and Doramma, the widow of one of the two fishermen who were killed by the Italian marines on board the ship.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar