SC ruling on Italian marines' petition today
The two Italian marines are facing trial for shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kollam coast on February 15, 2012.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday will pronounce its judgement on the petition filed by two Italian marines who are facing trial for shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kollam coast.
In their petitions, the marines have submitted that Kerala Police have no jurisdiction to register case against them as the incident took place in international waters. They asked for the FIR to be quashed.
The two marines, who were permitted by the Kerala High court to return home for celebrating Christmas and New Year with their family, returned to Kerala on January 4, 2013.
Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone, who are out on bail and staying in a hotel in Kochi, were allegedly involved in the killing of two Indian fishermen, Ajesh Binki and Gelastine on February 15, 2012. The marines mistook the fishermen for pirates and fired at them off the Alappuzha coast. The two were deployed as the security crew aboard the Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards