SC ruling on Italian marines' petition today
The two Italian marines are facing trial for shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kollam coast on February 15, 2012.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday will pronounce its judgement on the petition filed by two Italian marines who are facing trial for shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kollam coast.
In their petitions, the marines have submitted that Kerala Police have no jurisdiction to register case against them as the incident took place in international waters. They asked for the FIR to be quashed.
The two marines, who were permitted by the Kerala High court to return home for celebrating Christmas and New Year with their family, returned to Kerala on January 4, 2013.
Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone, who are out on bail and staying in a hotel in Kochi, were allegedly involved in the killing of two Indian fishermen, Ajesh Binki and Gelastine on February 15, 2012. The marines mistook the fishermen for pirates and fired at them off the Alappuzha coast. The two were deployed as the security crew aboard the Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie.
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day