DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala: Italians charged with murder
Earlier in May, Italy reached an out-of-court settlement with the fishermen's families by agreeing to pay them a sum of Rs 1 crore.
Thiruvananthapuram: The two Italian marines, Salvatore Girone and Latorre Massimillano, accused in the fishermen killings case, were charged with attempt to murder (Section 307) and the offence of committing murder (Section 302) on Friday.
The SIT filed a chargesheet against the guards, Salvatore Girone and Latorre Massimillano, before the Kollam chief judicial magistrate court.
The two had shot dead two fishermen in February this year, allegedly mistaking them for pirates.
They are currently lodged at the Thiruvananthapuram Central Prison. Earlier this month, Italy reached an out-of-court settlement with the families of the dead fishermen by agreeing to pay them a sum of Rs 1 crore.
Meanwhile, Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie was released on May 5.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach