Kerala: Italians charged with murder
Earlier in May, Italy reached an out-of-court settlement with the fishermen's families by agreeing to pay them a sum of Rs 1 crore.
Thiruvananthapuram: The two Italian marines, Salvatore Girone and Latorre Massimillano, accused in the fishermen killings case, were charged with attempt to murder (Section 307) and the offence of committing murder (Section 302) on Friday.
The SIT filed a chargesheet against the guards, Salvatore Girone and Latorre Massimillano, before the Kollam chief judicial magistrate court.
The two had shot dead two fishermen in February this year, allegedly mistaking them for pirates.
They are currently lodged at the Thiruvananthapuram Central Prison. Earlier this month, Italy reached an out-of-court settlement with the families of the dead fishermen by agreeing to pay them a sum of Rs 1 crore.
Meanwhile, Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie was released on May 5.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology