Italy: Court delays Berlusconi's sex-for-hire trial
Berlusconi has been hospitalized since Friday, and his legal team has sought delays in two trials that are nearing verdicts.
Milan: A Milan court has delayed former Premier Silvio Berlusconi's sex-for-hire trial after receiving new medical documents confirming that an eye inflammation has prevented his attendance. Berlusconi has been hospitalized since Friday, and his legal team has sought delays in two trials that are nearing verdicts at a politically delicate moment for Italy.
Berlusconi's center-right coalition finished second in last month's inconclusive elections and Parliament is to convene Friday, setting the stage for talks on forming a new government. Both courts have asked for court-appointed doctors to certify his condition, enraging lawmakers in Berlusconi's center-right coalition, who marched on the Milan courthouse earlier this week.
The protest drew criticism from political opponents as undermining the judicial system. The sex-for-hire case's next session will be Monday.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology