It's a challenge to direct newcomers: Prabhudeva
Prabhudeva feels it's challenge to work with newcomers since they are fresh and have to be trained.
Mumbai: Having worked with superstars like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar in his films, choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Deva says it's a challenge to direct newcomers.
In 2009 Prabhu Deva made his directorial debut in Bollywood with 'Wanted'. The Salman Khan-starrer was a huge hit and then in 2010 he made another superhit 'Rowdy Rathore' with Akshay Kumar. Both of them were action films.
Now, his third directorial venture in Bollywood is a musical love story with newcomer Girish Taurani, son of producer Kumar Taurani of Tips.
"It is a challenge to work with a newcomer. And I am doing this film from my heart and because I liked the subject.
It was a good experience," Prabhu Deva told PTI.
The director feels it is a challenge to work with newcomers because they are fresh and new and have to be trained in every department.
The film, titled 'Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya', will have Girish and Shruti Hassan in the lead.
"It is a love story, feel good subject. It is a romantic-comedy-musical film," he said.
On why is the film titled 'Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya', Prabhu says, "'Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya' means - Ram will you come - and it is also a famous song. My hero's name is Ram, so it is a perfect title."
Produced by Tips, the film is scheduled to be released in June.
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance