It's a challenge to direct newcomers: Prabhudeva
Prabhudeva feels it's challenge to work with newcomers since they are fresh and have to be trained.
Mumbai: Having worked with superstars like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar in his films, choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Deva says it's a challenge to direct newcomers.
In 2009 Prabhu Deva made his directorial debut in Bollywood with 'Wanted'. The Salman Khan-starrer was a huge hit and then in 2010 he made another superhit 'Rowdy Rathore' with Akshay Kumar. Both of them were action films.
Now, his third directorial venture in Bollywood is a musical love story with newcomer Girish Taurani, son of producer Kumar Taurani of Tips.
"It is a challenge to work with a newcomer. And I am doing this film from my heart and because I liked the subject.
It was a good experience," Prabhu Deva told PTI.
The director feels it is a challenge to work with newcomers because they are fresh and new and have to be trained in every department.
The film, titled 'Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya', will have Girish and Shruti Hassan in the lead.
"It is a love story, feel good subject. It is a romantic-comedy-musical film," he said.
On why is the film titled 'Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya', Prabhu says, "'Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya' means - Ram will you come - and it is also a famous song. My hero's name is Ram, so it is a perfect title."
Produced by Tips, the film is scheduled to be released in June.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- India's oil imports from Saudi Arabia and Iraq hit the highest in more than a decade
- Saudi Arabia to raise petrol prices by up to 40 per cent
- Oil prices dip as Iran nuclear deal opens up potential for gradual export hike
- Surgical Strike: Strong Message Sent to Pakistan on Terror, Says Sonia Gandhi
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts
- We Are Ready For Any Counter-Attack By Pakistan: Prakash Javadekar
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test