It's Shekar vs Puri Jagannadh on August 15
Shekar's 'Life is Beautiful' and Puri Jagannadh's 'Devudu Chesina Manushulu' will hit the screens on the same day.
Call it co-incidence or deliberate, Shekar Kammula is bound to clash with Puri Jagannadh for a second time. It was on September 28, 2007, that 'Happy Days' and 'Chirutha' were released. Quite incidentally, again, it was the second that a Kammula film was pitting itself against a big release. 'Anand' was released on the same day as Chiranjeevi's 'Shankardada MBBS'. It was, as Kammula later said, quite indeliberate.
Interestingly enough, Tollywood's finest filmmaker i.e., Kammula would be clashing with the industry's most prolific director i.e., PJ on August 15. As you know well, 'Life is Beautiful' is scheduled for I-Day release. As the situation would have it, 'Devudu Chesina Manushulu' has been postponed indefinitely for a good one month now. Due to the new releases, theatres are choc-a-bloc. This explains why 'DCM' had to wait for a grand release. Thus the postponement.
Thus, the clash is, for this time also, unplanned. It was clearly 'Happy Days' which got universal appreciation, while 'Chirutha' was an average farer at the BO. A feel good, youthful, film is pitted against a full-on comedy. Let's see who will win the race this time.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology