It's time for correction and not complaining: S Prakash of K'taka BJP
What factors led to BJP's disastrous performance in the Karnataka Assembly polls.
The BJP has been decimated, reduced to the third largest party in a state it had swept five years back. What caused this collapse? Will the party learn from its mistakes? Will it welcome Yeddyurappa back? Why did the Narendra Modi magic not work? What are the party's plans to bounce back in the Lok Sabha elections?
S Prakash, spokesperson, Karnataka state BJP,joined IBNLive readers for an interaction on the issue.
Q. Sir, BJP has defeated BJP this time. Really disappointed. But will a defeat for BJP will make all other ex-learders to re-unite for next year? Asked by: Akshay
A. We can assure you that the introspection has started. The time now is for correction and not complaining. Accepting responsibility and not blaming. We feel either we are up or getting up and never down.
Q. With BJP scoring a self goal due to corruption, infighting and blatant communalism attacking minorities,will BJP fight back and prove there secular credentials and zero tolerance towards corruption before stepping in 2014 Asked by: agni
A. Most certainly yes !!!
Q. Dont you think non performance of your legislators in parts of Shimoga, Coastal Karnataka specially was a major cause of its rout in these areas? Please bring in new faces and ensure delivery and I wish good luck to BJP next time. Asked by: anand
A. We assure you of exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your best wishes.
Q. Do you think having three chief ministers in a term of five years hurt your party's image? Asked by: Rohit
A. Maharashtra had more than one CM also in the recent past. We feel we haven't communicated enough to the masses about the development.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate