It's time to make a Hindi film now: Ashok Amritraj
Having produced over 100 Hollywood films, the Indian American filmmaker feels it's time he takes up a Hindi film.
Panaji: Having produced over a 100 Hollywood films but only one Indian project in his career spanning three decades, Indian American filmmaker Ashok Amritraj feels it is high time he takes up another Hindi film.
Amritraj's only production in his native country was 1998 Tamil romantic drama 'Jeans', starring Aishwarya Rai, Prashanth and Nassar in lead roles. The film was also dubbed in Hindi and Telugu.
"I am waiting for a screenwriter to bring me a script which I cannot put down. I am yet to find a great original idea and once that happens I will definitely do a Hindi movie. I want to encourage writers to come to me and my staff with a
script. It is time I do one Hindi movie now," Amritraj told PTI.
His list of Hollywood work includes movies like 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance', 'Killer', 'Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li', 'The Other End of the Line', 'Premonition', 'Double Impact' and 'Eyewitness to Murder'.
Amritraj will be attending the 43rd International film festival of India here, where a tribute is being paid to his work. He was earlier supposed to spend two days at the fest but due to his father's ill health he will be coming in for a
The former tennis player said the coincidence between the celebration of 100 years of Indian Cinema and his completing 100 Hollywood films the same year is an honour. "It is terrific to be a part of the festival which is celebrating 100 years of cinema and I have just completed my 100th film in Hollywood. I am honoured that a tribute is being paid to me in my home country. I thank the Government of India for this honour and respect," he added.
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls