DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ivanovic, Li Na reach Rd 4 with easy wins
Ivanovic is now up against No.4 Angieszka Radwanska, while Li Na plays Julia Goerges of Germany.
Melbourne: Former French Open champion Ana Ivanovic advanced to the fourth round of the Australian Open after beating Jelena Jankovic 7-5, 6-3 in a Friday clash featuring two Serbians who were both former top-ranked players.
Ivanovic surged to a 5-2 lead in the first set but lost the next three games as Jankovic fought back. The 13th-ranked Ivanovic broke Janovic to pull ahead 6-5 and the won the first set with an ace.
The 25-year old Ivanovic had an easier time in the second set, wrapping it up on her second match point.
Ivanovic spent 12 weeks at No. 1 after winning the French Open in 2008. Her next opponent is No.4 Angieszka Radwanska, who is on a 12-match winning streak. Fourth-seeded Radwanska won her 12th match in a row with a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Britain's Heather Watson.
Meanwhile, Sixth-seeded Li Na has also advanced to the fourth round with a 6-4, 6-1 win over Sorana Cirstea of Romania. Li will next play Julia Goerges of Germany, who beat Zheng Jie 6-3, 1-6, 7-5 earlier Friday.
Li, the 2011 French Open champion, is trying to add a second Grand Slam title, and the Australian Open appears to be her best chance. She advanced to the 2010 semifinals, the 2011 final - losing to Kim Clijsters - and the fourth round here last year.
Recommended For You
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh