J Dey: Judicial custody of all accused extended
Jigna Vora former deputy chief of bureau of 'Asian Age' daily and one of the accused, was arrested on November 25.
Mumbai: The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on Monday extended the judicial custody of all the arrested accused, including journalist Jigna Vora, in the J Dey murder case till January 30.
Vora, former deputy chief of bureau of `Asian Age' daily, was arrested on November 25 on a charge of providing vital information about Jyotirmoy Dey, a senior journalist, to gangster Chhota Rajan who had allegedly ordered the murder.
The accused named in the police chargesheet are Rohee Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet Shinde, Arun Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia.
All of them, along with Vora, are in custody. According to the police, Rajan was irked by two articles written by Dey, and by eliminating him, he wanted to send out a message to the journalists not to tread on his toes. A supplementary chargesheet would be filed against Vora later, police had said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement