J Sasikumar honoured with J C Daniel Award
Sasikumar, who holds a record for directing as many as 141 films, is known for his box-office hits of the 1960s and 70s.
Thiruvanathapuram: Malayalam actor-director J Sasikumar has been selected for Kerala's highest film honour J C Daniel award, the state's version of nation's topmost film honour, Phalke award.
Sasikumar, who holds a record for directing as many as 141 films, is known for his box-office hits of the 1960s and 70s, most of them featuring Kerala's "ever green" hero Premnazir in the lead role.
The award, instituted in memory of father of Malayalam cinema J C Daniel, was announced by minister for cinema K B Ganesh Kumar.
The annual award, given for outstanding contributions to Malayalam cinema, carries a purse of Rs 1 lakh, citiation and memento.
The selection was made by a jury headed by music director M K Arjunan.
Expressing happiness for being chosen for the honour, Sasikumar dedicated the award to the memory of Premnazir, who showered on him brotherly affection inside and outside the film world.
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams