DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J Sasikumar honoured with J C Daniel Award
Sasikumar, who holds a record for directing as many as 141 films, is known for his box-office hits of the 1960s and 70s.
Thiruvanathapuram: Malayalam actor-director J Sasikumar has been selected for Kerala's highest film honour J C Daniel award, the state's version of nation's topmost film honour, Phalke award.
Sasikumar, who holds a record for directing as many as 141 films, is known for his box-office hits of the 1960s and 70s, most of them featuring Kerala's "ever green" hero Premnazir in the lead role.
The award, instituted in memory of father of Malayalam cinema J C Daniel, was announced by minister for cinema K B Ganesh Kumar.
The annual award, given for outstanding contributions to Malayalam cinema, carries a purse of Rs 1 lakh, citiation and memento.
The selection was made by a jury headed by music director M K Arjunan.
Expressing happiness for being chosen for the honour, Sasikumar dedicated the award to the memory of Premnazir, who showered on him brotherly affection inside and outside the film world.
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots