J Sasikumar honoured with J C Daniel Award
Sasikumar, who holds a record for directing as many as 141 films, is known for his box-office hits of the 1960s and 70s.
Thiruvanathapuram: Malayalam actor-director J Sasikumar has been selected for Kerala's highest film honour J C Daniel award, the state's version of nation's topmost film honour, Phalke award.
Sasikumar, who holds a record for directing as many as 141 films, is known for his box-office hits of the 1960s and 70s, most of them featuring Kerala's "ever green" hero Premnazir in the lead role.
The award, instituted in memory of father of Malayalam cinema J C Daniel, was announced by minister for cinema K B Ganesh Kumar.
The annual award, given for outstanding contributions to Malayalam cinema, carries a purse of Rs 1 lakh, citiation and memento.
The selection was made by a jury headed by music director M K Arjunan.
Expressing happiness for being chosen for the honour, Sasikumar dedicated the award to the memory of Premnazir, who showered on him brotherly affection inside and outside the film world.
Recommended For You
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?