'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' earns Rs 100 crore in India
Shah Rukh Khan has become third time lucky to enter the exclusive and much hyped Rs 100 crore club.
New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan has become third time lucky to enter the exclusive and much hyped Rs 100 crore club. His latest film 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' has gathered more than Rs 100 crore in India itself. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweets, "#JTHJ [2nd Week] Fri 2.75 cr. Total: 101.16 cr nett. CROSSES 100 cr MARK IN INDIA."
'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' opened to mixed reviews and attracted audiences initially due to its director's name, but later it excelled due to the word of mouth publicity.
So far, the film has collected more than Rs 150 crore worldwide. Adarsh tweets, "#JTHJ *Worldwide total* [1st week; 10 days] Rs 150.41 cr. India + Entire Overseas total."
The Rs 100 crore phenomenon hasn't remained an exclusive thing as many well promoted films with big stars are crossing the Rs 100 cr mark. Probably, very soon the mark is going to shift to Rs 150 crore.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army