'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' makes Rs 80 cr at Box Office
Yash Chopra's last film 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' (JTHJ) has earned Rs 80.73 crore nett at the domestic box office.
New Delhi: Yash Chopra's last film 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' (JTHJ) has earned Rs 80.73 crore nett at the domestic box office in the first week of its release. Ajay Devgn's 'Son of Sardaar' made Rs 66 crore nett, film trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted on Monday.
The Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif-starrer love story was released on 2,500 screens on Diwali on November 13.
The film earned Rs 15.23 crore (Tuesday) Rs 19.54 crore (Wednesday), Rs 14.45 crore (Thursday) and Rs 11.17 crore (Friday), Rs 10.38 crore (Saturday), Rs 9.96 crore (Sunday).
Produced by Aditya Chopra under the family banner Yash Raj Films, JTHJ was reportedly made at a budget of Rs 50 crore. Shot in exotic foreign locales, the movie witnessed a good opening in the overseas market too.
The total overseas collections turned out to be $4.75 million (Rs 26 crore). A break-up of the overseas figures - $1.30 million (Tuesday), $1.20 million (Wednesday), $1 million (Thursday) and $1.25 million (Friday).
JTHJ released alongside 'Son Of Sardaar' (SOS), a comedy entertainer.
Son of Sardaar made Rs 10.72 crore (Tuesday), Rs 16.21 crore (Wednesday), Rs 12.22 crore (Thursday), Rs 10.12 crore (Friday), Rs 8.50 crore (Saturday), Rs 8.25 crore (Sunday) to stack up a total of Rs 66.02 crore nett.
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K