'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' may be Yash Chopra's last film
Filmmaker Karan Johar says Yash Chopra's 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' is going to be the most special film of the year.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar says that Yash Chopra's 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' is going to be the most special film of the year as it might be his last film.
"Yashji (Yash Chopra) is like my father. His birthday this year is very special because he is probably making his last film. All of our films are releasing this year but that film will be the most special experience of 2012," the 40-year-old said here in an interview.
"This year is special not just for him but for the whole industry because Yashji's last film is releasing this year," he added. Chopra turns 80 on Thursday.
'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' marks filmmaker Yash Chopra's comeback to direction after eight years. His last was 2004 cross-border romance 'Veer Zaara'.
The film stars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma and hits theatres Nov 13.
Meanwhile, Karan is also excited about 'Barfi!' making it to the Oscars and he hopes the film gets shortlisted.
"I am thrilled to bits and I think what better film than 'Barfi!' to make it. I have gone on record to say how it was truly most spectacular film experience I have had in years. It's really everyone's wish come true that 'Barfi' makes it and I hope it walks the red carpet next year," Karan said.
Karan's directorial venture 'Student of The Year', which he has made with three newcomers - Varun Dhawan, Siddharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt - releases Oct 19.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video