'Jabardasth' mints Rs 5.38 crore on it's first day
Directed by filmmaker Nandini Reddy the movie features actors Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Nithya Menen in key roles.
Chennai: Siddharth-starrer Telugu romantic comedy 'Jabardasth' collected approximately Rs 5.38 crore worldwide on the day of its release.
The movie released on Friday, a day after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad.
"The film collected approximately Rs 5.38 crore on its opening day.
It's surprising that the film managed to rake in such good numbers despite the serial blasts in Hyderabad the previous day," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
The film is directed by Nandini Reddy. It also stars Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Nithya Menen, Sri Hari, Vennela Kishore and Tagubothu Ramesh.
"Here you go. Despite the fact that we lost a chunk of our Nizam opening owing to the blasts, 'Jabardasth' grossed over Rs.5 crore on its first day," tweeted Siddharth. Loosely based on Bollywood blockbuster 'Band Baja Baaraat', the story of the film revolves around the protagonist, who in an effort to overcome a financial crisis joins hands with the heroine in her wedding planning business.
The film is produced by Bellam Konda Suresh. It has music by SS Thaman.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast