JAC plans stir from Wednesday
VISAKHAPATNAM: Samaikyandhra Students Joint Action Committee (JAC) is gearing up for a counter agitation from Wednesday to protest..
VISAKHAPATNAM: Samaikyandhra Students Joint Action Committee (JAC) is gearing up for a counter agitation from Wednesday to protest against Telangana leaders' demand for bifurcation of the state. Talking to newsmen here on Tuesday, Samaikyandhra Students Joint Action Committee convener Adari Kishore Kumar said students of all the 14 universities in Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra would take part in the agitation.
Students would form human chains at various places on July 7 and would burn Telangana leaders in effigies on July 9, he said. They would also chalk out their future course of action with the MLAs, MPs and MLCs of the Seemandhra region on July 9, he added. "We have made a representation to the Srikrishna Committee that the state should remain united in the interests of the people of all regions," Kishore Kumar said.
The union government should announce a special package to Telangana to develop the region, Kumar said.
Recommended For You
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India