Jackie Chan in trouble for bragging about his guns
If the story turns out to be true, the actor would have blatantly breached gun-related regulations.
Beijing: Hollywood superstar Jackie Chan has landed in trouble over his remarks that he carried guns and grenades in the past for personal protection from gangsters as police wants to investigate his claims and verify his gun licenses.
Cops say that they plan to follow up on the claims made by Chan in an interview where he boasted that years ago he carried guns and grenades to defend himself against Hong Kong gangsters, state run media here reported.
Chan, 58, made the claims in an interview with the Guangzhou-based magazine Southern People Weekly quoting him as saying that many Hong Kong actors were once bullied by local mafia-style gangs, and only he dared to confront them.
"I was at dinner once when more than 20 people with watermelon machetes surrounded me. I had three guns with me and told them that they had gone too far," the magazine quoted Chan as saying.
Chan said after that he even brought two guns and six grenades with him. Official daily Global Times here quoted police spokesperson in Hong Kong as saying that since Chan is a celebrity, it is necessary to investigate his story.
If the story turns out to be true, the actor would have blatantly breached gun-related regulations and if it is not then he could be in trouble for spreading misleading information to the public, the spokesperson said.
According to gun laws in Hong Kong, a license is required to carry a firearm. It is not known if Chan had ever been issued a gun license by the Hong Kong Police Force. Breaking the gun law in the region can net an offender a fine of HKD 100,000 (USD 12,903) and up to 14 years in prison.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18