Jackson to be buried in a $25,000 coffin
The coffin has a 14-carat gold-plate finish and a blue velvet-lined interior.
London: King of Pop Michael Jackson is likely to be buried in a $25,000 solid bronze casket, just like soul legend James Brown.
Known as the Promethean, the coffin has a hand-polished 14-carat gold-plate finish and blue velvet-lined interior, reported thesun.co.uk.
It is the same model chosen by relatives of James Brown for the Godfather of Soul's burial. The coffin is made by the Indiana-based Batesville Casket Company.
After Brown died at 73 on Christmas Day 2006, Jackson visited the Georgia funeral home where he was in repose and studied the various caskets available.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday