Jackson's family keen on buying his Neverland ranch
Michael Jackson's family wants to buy the estate where the King of Pop stayed for 20 years.
London: Michael Jackson's family is keen on purchasing Neverland Ranch, the estate where the King of Pop stayed for 20 years and even raised his three children.
Jackson's executors took the 19 million pounds property off the market despite bids from several potential buyers including celebrity couple Jay Z and Beyonce, reported Daily Star.
Jackson's mother, Katherine, said they intend to purchase the 3,000-acre estate if they win their current civil case at LA Superior Court against entertainment giant AEG.
Katherine and Jackson's children Prince, 16, Paris, 15, and Blanket, 11, have already been granted the permission to re-open Neverland this summer.
The family intend to spend a week in one wing of the dilapidated house. They want to pay a private tribute to the singer on his fourth death anniversary. Jackson died at the age of 50 in June, 2009.
"It was Paris who persuaded her grandmother and brothers that Neverland should never be sold and should always remain in family hands," a source said.
"She misses her father terribly and says the happiest time of her life was when she and her brothers lived with their father at the ranch. Katherine has agreed they should fight to keep it," the source added.
The family would have to buy back the 15 per cent of the estate owned by a company that refinanced it to stop Jackson being evicted.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18