News18 APP


Be a responsible citizen. Come, pledge to always check and share verified and vetted news.
1-min read

Jackson's two employees hold vital clues: attorney

News18test sharma |

Updated: August 26, 2009, 8:19 PM IST
facebook Twitter google skype whatsapp
Jackson's two employees hold vital clues: attorney
The attorney said the two men could shed new light on MJ's final hours.

Los Angeles: Two employees of Michael Jackson, one of whom was with the pop star in his last moments, can throw important light on his death, their attorney said on Tuesday.

Attorney Carl Douglas, who was on the defence team of star footballer O J Simpson during his trial in 1993 in the murder of his wife Nicole Simpson, said the two employees were willing to provide information to police.

He said the Los Angeles police department (LAPD) has done only 'informal' interviews with the employees and should talk to them in detail, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Jackson's chief of staff Michael Amir, and security staffer, Alberto Alvarez were interviewed by police June 25, the day Jackson died.

The attorney said the two men could shed new light on not only Jackson's final hours but also the actions of the pop star's doctor.

"We arranged two separate occasions for LAPD investigators to meet with my clients. My clients came early wearing suits and ties. The first meeting was cancelled and rescheduled. The second meeting I had to call them to inquire about the (detectives') absence," the attorney was quoted as saying.

Douglas said Alvarez was with Jackson and his doctor Conrad Murray in the pop star's bedroom in the critical moments before paramedics arrived, the Los Angeles Times quoted him as saying.

He said Alvarez could provide useful information that would confirm or contradict Dr Murray's version of events and provide independent insight into what transpired.

In their report Monday, police said Murray gave Jackson the powerful anesthetic Propofol at 10:40 am, watched him for 10 minutes and went to the restroom for two minutes.

When he returned at about 11 am, Murray found that Jackson had stopped breathing.

Police said three phone calls of 47 minutes were made from Murray's phone, beginning at 11:18 am. The police (911) were called only at 12:22 pm.

The 'King of Pop' died just days before he was to begin his comeback concert tour "This Is It".

First Published: August 26, 2009, 8:19 PM IST
Read full article
Next Story
facebook Twitter google skype whatsapp