Jade Goody granted Indian tourist visa
Goody is currently trying to rebuild her public image after the Shilpa Shetty episode at the Big Brother house.
New Delhi: Former Big Brother housemate Jade Goody, who allegedly passed racist remarks against actress Shilpa Shetty has been granted a six month tourist visa to India.
According to the Indian High Commission in London, Goody had earlier applied for a normal tourist visa to visit India. The exact dates of her visit to India are yet to be finalised.
Meanwhile after Friday night's round of evictions Shilpa Shetty has become the bookies' favourite to win the reality show on Sunday.
But whether she wins or not this weekend, Shetty, who has already made millions from a 14-year career in Bollywood, will reap the benefits of emerging from the race furor with her dignity intact.
In addition to the 367,000 pounds fee she was reportedly paid by Endemol, there is a 100,000 pounds contract on the table to present Cricket Star - a new X Factor-style reality show - which she will consider with her mother Sunanda, who is also her manager, and UK agent Jazz Barton, after she comes out of the house.
The Indian version of Cricket Star has been a success and the show's chief executive Fraser Castellino has described Shetty as "perfect host" for its UK version, to begin in summer.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Amar Singh is Back Centre Stage; So is Trouble
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where