Jade Goody's widower in custody over rape charge
The news comes barely five months after the death of Jade Goody.
London: Jack Tweed, the 22-year-old widower of British reality TV star Jade Goody, appeared in court on Monday with rape charges. He was remanded in custody and must return to court for a plea and case management hearing on November 16.
Tweed, who spoke only to confirm his name, wore a grey jumper and jogging bottoms at the preliminary hearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court. In the next hearing, he is expected to deny the charge, reported mirror.co.uk.
The alleged offence took place at Tweed's home in Woodford Green, west London, in the early hours of September 4.
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- India Likely to Get Second Nuclear Submarine from Russia in $2-bn Deal
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Pep Guardiola Denies Trying to Take Messi, Neymar to Manchester City
- Bigg Boss, Day 2: The First Task Of the Season Brings Insecurities Inside The House