DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jagan, Ambati booked under SC/ST case
HYDERABAD: Following directions from a court, the Gandhinagar police registered cases under the SC/ST Atrocities Prevention Act ag..
HYDERABAD: Following directions from a court, the Gandhinagar police registered cases under the SC/ST Atrocities Prevention Act against YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and another senior leader Ambati Rambabu on Thursday.
The alleged incident took place on February 2 when Telangana Communist Party secretary Venkata Swamy had pitched a tent at Indira Park as part of his party's protest programme. In his petition, Swamy alleged that the YSR Congress leaders demolished his tent to make arrangements for Jagan's deeksha at the same place. He also alleged that they discriminated against him and abused him in the name of his caste. It was further alleged that though Swamy had approached the local police, they did not register his complaint. He then decided to approach the court for justice. Following the directions from the court, the Gandhinagar police registered a case under the SC/ST Atrocities Prevention Act. Jagan was named Accused No.1 and Ambati Accused No.2.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users