Jaipur: Eloped couple beaten, robbed by friends
Police sources said the girl might have been molested by the two friends, who are absconding.
Jaipur: In a case of an elopement gone wrong, two class X students were today assaulted and robbed of jewelry worth Rs 1.5 lakh by friends who had promised to help them in running away from their homes, police said in Jaipur. Police Commissioner BL Soni said it was suspected that the boy died after being thrashed and over 100 policemen were searching for him in Saiwad area near Amer in the district.
"The boy and the girl, both studying in class X in a local school, planned to elope and they left their houses early in the morning today and met at a place where their two friends were already waiting," Soni said.
Their friends had promised that they would help them. "They all went into nearby forest area to hide but their friends began to thrash the boy, who along with him had brought jewellery worth Rs 1.5 lakh," he said.
Both the accused took away the jewellery leaving the girl and the boy there, he said. Their family members started looking for them and informed police. The girl was found by locals and police to whom she narrated the incident.
"The girl said that her boyfriend was badly beaten, and likely killed, by the two friends who also robbed them of the valuables but we could not locate the boy," he said. Police sources said the girl might have been molested by the two friends, who are absconding. "The girl is not in a state to give all the details properly. A medical examination was conducted by a medical board which suggested that the girl was not raped," he said. Soni, however, said "We are seeking help of other experts to ascertain the facts".
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- BSF Seizes Gold Bars, One Bangaladeshi National Arrested
- Baramullah Jawan Died As Terrorists Lobbed Grenade at Him: BSF Chief
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar