Jaipur royal mows down girl with his car, held
Gayatri Devi's step-grandson has been booked for culpable homicide.
New Delhi: A member of Jaipur's erstwhile royal family is in serious trouble with the law. Gayatri Devi's step-grandson Vijit Singh has been booked for culpable homicide for allegedly mowing down a student and injuring four others in a road accident last week.
Singh was allegedly involved in a road accident in the Tonk Road area under Gandhinagar police station area on December 16.
He was booked in a bailable case but then released by the Traffic Police.
However, after Rajasthan Chief minister Ashok Gehlot directed the DGP not to show any leniency, Singh has again been booked and slapped with three non-bailable sections. He has been booked under Sections 299 (culpable homicide), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life) and 304A (causing death by negligence) of the IPC.
Gehlot reportedly cited past cases of hit-and-run where the accused was booked for murder.
Police alleged he hit a group of five girls on an educational tour from Kota with his Volkswagen while they were crossing the road.
Meanwhile Vijit Singh's grandmother, Gayatri Devi is sorry for him and says he didn't do it on purpose. She says that he has not brought shame upon the family for it can happen to anyone.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"