Jaipur: Man arrested for raping 6-year-old girl
Police said has been admitted to a hospital in Karauli with serious injuries.
Jaipur: A man was arrested in Rajasthan's Karauli district on Tuesday for raping a six-year-old girl during a wedding function, said police.
The girl was admitted to a hospital with serious injuries, they added.
According to police, the incident occurred late on Monday night in a village near Masalpura town in the district, some 200 km from Jaipur.
"The girl had come with her parents to participate in the wedding. Hardayal Kumar, 26, who had also come to the wedding, took her to an isolated place near the wedding venue and raped her," said circle officer Harmukh Singh.
The girl's father suddenly heard her screams, the officer said adding that he located the girl and caught Hardayal in the act. "However, Hardayal managed to escape. We traced him today (Tuesday) and arrested him," said the officer.
He added that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts. "She is hospitalised at a hospital in Karauli. Her condition is normal," said the officer.
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy