Jaipur: Police rescue 27 girls, 2 boys
The raid was conducted following complaints by the residents of the area who alleged that they suspected some suspicious activities were going on in the house.
Jaipur: Rajasthan Police on Wednesday raided an illegal children's homes in Mansarovar area of Jaipur and rescued 27 girls and two boys between the age of 5 to 20 years. A large number of liquor bottles were also recovered from the building.
The raid was conducted following complaints by the residents of the area who alleged that they suspected some suspicious activities were going on in the house. The police found 29 children inside the house.
The children's parents were told that their wards would be enrolled in schools in Jaipur, but they had been locked up in the house. The people who had brought the children did not have the necessary permission to run a shelter home.
Child Welfare Committee chairperson Ram Prakash Bairwa said the children had been living illegally and they were not studying. Bairwa said that his team has been keeping a watch on the house and managed to rescue the children with the help of the police force.
While 24 children belong to the Northeastern states, the others are from the Punjab, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi. Some NGO workers alleged that the children had been forced to convert by a religious organisation.
Police are investigating the matter and the children have been sent to the shelter homes.
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Arvind Kejriwal loses the plot, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18