Jaipur: Two arrested for killing their 'Facebook' friend
One of the accused was detained on Sunday night and had confessed to the murder after which the second was caught.
Jaipur: Two youths were on Monday arrested for allegedly abducting and killing an acquaintance they made on social networking website Facebook for ransom. The accused identified as Yudhveer Singh and Jitendra Singh, both college students, became 'friends' with another local Pushpendra Singh through the site some time back.
"They planed to meet and called Pushpendra on March 6 near Amrapali circle and consumed liquor together at a place. Thereafter, they thrashed Pushpendra in which he died," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena said. "Both the accused wrapped the body in a quilt and boarded a train and dumped it near Phuleara junction. In the meantime, they contacted his family and demanded a ransom of 16,000 Euros," he said.
One of the accused was detained on Sunday night and had allegedly confessed to the murder after which the second was caught and the body was recovered. The two were placed under arrest on Monday, he said. Further investigations are on in the case, including why the duo demanded Euros.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner