DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jakarta Classic to debut on Asian Development Tour
The Asian Development Tour will provide another new playing opportunity for emerging stars with the launch of Jakarta Classic golf later this month.
Jakarta: The Asian Development Tour (ADT) will provide another new playing opportunity for emerging stars with the launch of the inaugural Jakarta Classic golf later this month, which raises the season's schedule to 12 tournaments.
The $60,000 event will be played at the Imperial Klub Golf July 17-20 where leading players from Indonesia will compete against an international field from the ADT, which is the feeder circuit to the premier Asian Tour.
With the addition, the region's rising stars will enjoy another occasion to improve their world rankings as all ADT events receive Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR) points starting this year. The OWGR will be used to determine the top 60-man field at the World Cup of Golf in Australia in November and at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
A total of 144 players will compete in the Jakarta Classic with the field being split equally between the ADT and Indonesian PGA. The tourney will be the seventh leg of the ADT season.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835