Jama Masjid Shahi Imam prevented from visiting slain DSP's house
The Shahi Imam alleged the Uttar Pradesh government had failed to provide security to Muslims in the state.
Deoria: Delhi's Jama Masjid Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari was prevented this afternoon from heading towards the native village of DSP Zia-ul-Haq who was killed by a mob last Saturday. The cleric was stopped in Gauri Bazar area as a precautionary measure while he was on way to police officer's house in Zafuaar Tola in Noonkhar village, officials said.
The step was taken to maintain law and order, they said. Bukhari told PTI by telephone that he was stopped from visiting the slain DSP's house to offer his condolences to the bereaved family. "I was going there to offer my condolences and take part in namaz-e-janaza. The authorities did not give any reason for stopping me from visiting the police officer's house," he said.
The Shahi Imam alleged the Uttar Pradesh government had failed to provide security to Muslims in the state. He said Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had accepted his demand for raising the ex gratia for the bereaved family and providing a job to the police officer's widow.
The DSP was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh district on Saturday as he rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18