Jama Masjid Shahi Imam prevented from visiting slain DSP's house
The Shahi Imam alleged the Uttar Pradesh government had failed to provide security to Muslims in the state.
Deoria: Delhi's Jama Masjid Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari was prevented this afternoon from heading towards the native village of DSP Zia-ul-Haq who was killed by a mob last Saturday. The cleric was stopped in Gauri Bazar area as a precautionary measure while he was on way to police officer's house in Zafuaar Tola in Noonkhar village, officials said.
The step was taken to maintain law and order, they said. Bukhari told PTI by telephone that he was stopped from visiting the slain DSP's house to offer his condolences to the bereaved family. "I was going there to offer my condolences and take part in namaz-e-janaza. The authorities did not give any reason for stopping me from visiting the police officer's house," he said.
The Shahi Imam alleged the Uttar Pradesh government had failed to provide security to Muslims in the state. He said Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had accepted his demand for raising the ex gratia for the bereaved family and providing a job to the police officer's widow.
The DSP was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh district on Saturday as he rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes