Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell out for season
Asafa Powell is out the Olympic sprint relay for Jamaica after pulling his left groin during the 100-meter final.
London: Former world-record holder Asafa Powell is out the Olympic sprint relay for Jamaica after pulling his left groin during the 100-meter final.
His agent, Paul Doyle, says Powell has two strains in his left groin after he hobbled across the finish line in eighth place in Sunday's final.
Doyle says Powell also won't compete in anymore Diamond League meets, ending his season.
Powell also had to pull out of the 4x100 relay at the world championships last year for similar reasons. Jamaica still set a world record with the team of Usain Bolt, Nesta Carter, Michael Frater and Yohan Blake.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology