DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell out for season
Asafa Powell is out the Olympic sprint relay for Jamaica after pulling his left groin during the 100-meter final.
London: Former world-record holder Asafa Powell is out the Olympic sprint relay for Jamaica after pulling his left groin during the 100-meter final.
His agent, Paul Doyle, says Powell has two strains in his left groin after he hobbled across the finish line in eighth place in Sunday's final.
Doyle says Powell also won't compete in anymore Diamond League meets, ending his season.
Powell also had to pull out of the 4x100 relay at the world championships last year for similar reasons. Jamaica still set a world record with the team of Usain Bolt, Nesta Carter, Michael Frater and Yohan Blake.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise