Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell out for season
Asafa Powell is out the Olympic sprint relay for Jamaica after pulling his left groin during the 100-meter final.
London: Former world-record holder Asafa Powell is out the Olympic sprint relay for Jamaica after pulling his left groin during the 100-meter final.
His agent, Paul Doyle, says Powell has two strains in his left groin after he hobbled across the finish line in eighth place in Sunday's final.
Doyle says Powell also won't compete in anymore Diamond League meets, ending his season.
Powell also had to pull out of the 4x100 relay at the world championships last year for similar reasons. Jamaica still set a world record with the team of Usain Bolt, Nesta Carter, Michael Frater and Yohan Blake.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Why This Surgical Strike Across LoC Changes Indo-Pak Nuclear Red Lines
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif